Couple of recipes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheeese or 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (mozzarella, parmesan, and asiago)
- 2 jars artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix the mayonnaise, parmesan, artichokes, mozzarella and garlic powder. Transfer to an 8x8 baking dish. (Variation: Hollow out a bread bowl, and put the mixture straight into there - this is what I did).
- Bake 20-30 minutes, or until the surface is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
Notes: Like I mentioned, I hollowed out a loaf of rye bread and used it for my baking dish. you MUST watch this recipe very carefully while baking... as soon as the top turns brown and bubbly, take it out of the oven. If you leave it in too long, it will separate and become a greasy mess. I served this with veggies, bread cubes, and crackers- BIG HIT!
Old-Fashioned Pink Lemonade
- 2 cups white sugar
- 9 cups water
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup cranberry juice, chilled
Antipasto Pasta Salad
- 1 pound seashell pasta
- 1/4 pound Genoa salami, chopped
- 1/4 pound pepperoni sausage, chopped
- 1/2 pound Asiago cheese, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain, and cool under cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, salami, pepperoni, Asiago cheese, black olives, and tomatoes. Stir in the envelope of dressing mix. Cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Italian herbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad, and mix well.